Thursday, November 17, 2011

Adventures all around!

This week has been very interesting, mostly in a good way! Saturday was a gloomy day, both in the weather and my disposition, so on Sunday I skipped church and went on a very long drive. It was so beautiful! I took a lot of pictures (that still need to be uploaded to facebook), went on a long walk, and fearlessly drove down roads that looked interesting. I drove about an hour north and almost made it to Port Albert (you can look it up, if you want to). It was really, really good. I'd forgotten how therapeutic driving is for me, especially through beautiful land. It was also nice because the area I drove through looked a lot like the foothills near home in the spring. That was comforting and a bit familiar.

On Monday, I went back to work. My employers said a trip was coming up this week, and would I mind staying at the stable for a week? They offered a flat that I could stay in (it's in the same building as the barn. Super cool!) and would provide food for me. Sure! I can do that!

So yesterday we packed them up into the "truck" (an RV with a section in the back for the horses), went through a list of the stuff for me to do here, and off they went. They'll be gone for six days. My responsibilities are to feed the horses in the morning, move three of them out into "paddocks" (pastures), muck out the "boxes" (stalls) they've just vacated, make sure they have water, then bring them in at night and feed them again. There are four horses who live out in paddocks, so I've got to check/refill their waters, as well as feed them in the evenings. It might sound like a lot of work, but it isn't. Also, someone comes in the mornings to help me move them, and someone comes in the evenings, as well, because one of the horses to be moved is a mare with a foal (barely a week old!), another is a pregnant mare (who's due in a few weeks, so I've got to keep my eye on her), and the other is a stallion (sweet guy unless a mare's around). Ha! No, I don't mind help when moving them.

Last night was my first night here. Before the evening feeding, I went back to the Mountains' and packed a bag, then went to the "plaza" (mall) to get some groceries. (Yes, Rachel, I got lollies, as well!) Then I came back, did the rest of the duties, then settled in to the flat. It's a nice place. I watched a movie, then went to bed. The flat doesn't have internet, so I wasn't able to sit on facebook as I usually do in the evening. (Right now I'm sitting on a stool in the barn, waiting for a water bucket to fill up with water.)

Interesting thing about this place: I have it fixed in my head that north is east, east is south, south is west, and west is north. It doesn't even matter where the sun rises and sets! So when I woke up this morning, the sun was rising in the south, and when it sets tonight, it will go down in the north. And I can't correct it! Ugh. Oh well. I guess it'll just be interesting.

Monday was really good. I was really quite happy. But then on Tuesday I started getting grumpy and insecure with EVERYTHING and it seemed like a dark cloud came between me and the sun and just sat there. It stayed there all of Tuesday and all of Wednesday, and Thursday (with everyone leaving and me settling in) was overwhelming. But Arna prayed for me, as I did, too. Because I'm a child of God, the Most High. Darkness really has no place around me. And you know what? Perfect love casts out all fear. Because I have accepted Jesus's forgiveness and sacrifice, Holy Spirit (Who IS love) abides in me and I abide in Him. So fear has no place around me, either. So these thoughts of insecurity and fear--they have no choice but to leave! ("SubMIT to God, reSIST the devil, and HE WILL FLEE FROM YOU!!" Imagine a hip-jerking jig to that. Thank you, Scott Hansen.) See? So I don't know WHY I all of a sudden came under attack, though it might be because I was relaxing and happy with Holy Spirit (and *someone* never likes that), and it also might be because something (or someone(s)?) big is going to come into my live. I don't know. But I know that Father's got me, and He will never leave me. Take THAT big cloud. Yeah. You shrivel up. That's what you need to do. Bye bye.

Haha! Anyway. That's how I've been. I love you all, and I hope and pray that the peace of Jesus covers you, and that you are able to submit everything to Him and relax in His arms, because either they're wide open and waiting for you, or you're wrapped up in them, already. Oh, how He loves you. Peace.

His humble and grateful servant,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment