Wednesday, December 7, 2011

And the sun rises...

Hello friends!

The last entry to this blog wasn't pleasant, but this one is! :)

Since the last post, I've met new friends (YAY!), started busking (being a street musician), and washing windows (today was my first day at windows). These are all very cool things, and they're connected to each other. I'll tell you how: meeting friendly people my age boosted my confidence to go busking (as well as encouragement from facebook friends... you all rock). The first day, I earned $50 in three hours. That boosted my confidence to go window washing today. I did one job. The owner was a nice old man who seemed like he wanted some company, so when I was done with the windows I had some tea with him. At the end of it (about 2.5 hours, including the job), he handed me a $50 and didn't want change. Woohoo! I was so glad that I just went straight home and called windows good. Then I cleaned up and went busking for two more hours, earning $40. Not bad, not bad.

Anyway, my whistle is clearer and my voice is singing more. There's a spring in my step and a sparkle in my eye. I'm excited for life and SO excited to see what comes around.

Speaking of excited for life, I'd like to share one thing with you that kinda blew my mind: Enjoy what you do. I think it's probably possible. Vacuuming, washing windows, playing music on the street, helping people out at a counter... I don't know. But whatever you do, if you decide to enjoy it, you might start to. And then everything is much more pleasant.

There you go. Time for evening tea!

Peace,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment